Gaylord Palms Resort bids “good-bye” to winter and “hello” to spring with their festive “Once Upon a Spring” celebration featuring 10 family-friendly activities, a seasonal pool party, scavenger hunt, cookie decorating, and breakfast with Mr. & Mrs. Easter Bunny.
“Once Upon a Spring” at Gaylord Palms Resort—the resort that’s a minor attraction!—runs on select days from March 12 – May 16, ushering in one of the most glorious times of the year for a visit to Orlando, with special family-friendly activities, sumptuous food, and pleasant strolls through the hotel’s lush indoor gardens.
As part of the springtime festivities, guests can take part in several seasonal experiences:
- Enjoy a scrumptious buffet breakfast at Villa de Flora restaurant and meet Mr. & Mrs. Easter Bunny. Character breakfasts take place on select dates through April 4, including a specialty brunch on Easter day.
- Put artistic skills to work at the Cookie Decorating experience, choosing either a bunny or an Easter egg cookie. Afterwards, guests can even meet the Easter Bunny himself. Available on select dates through April 4.
- Join in the fun with Seth the Sea Turtle, Ava the Alligator, and Adventure Kid Sophie as they experience the wonder of springtime in the interactive live show, “Adventure Kids: Sprout into Spring.”
- Guests can take part in seasonally themed Scavenger Hunts throughout the resort’s vast indoor gardens, and learn about its Floridian flora and fauna.
- The Eggspression Garden walk-through sets a springtime mood with its blooming tulips, huge Easter Eggs, giant chocolate bunnies, and five photo opportunities to capture the memories.
- When the sun goes down, the massive atrium at the center of the hotel lights up with the Springtime Light Display, a series of LED curtains that will feature blooming flowers, scurrying bunnies, shooting stars, and kaleidoscopic colors of spring.
- Up-close Animal Encounters are sure to delight all visitors as they meet critters from Wild Florida zoological park, and their handlers offer insights into Florida’s eco-system and the animals’ fascinating characteristics.
- Guests staying onsite can tune in to hear and interact with the classic story of Peter Rabbit in “Adventure Kids: Bedtime Bunny Tales” on their in-room TV.
Outdoors, the “Springtime Pool Party” at the resort’s Cypress Springs Water Park heats up with pool games, prizes, sing-alongs, and line dancing. The Florida themed water park and its zero-entry pool are especially suited to families, with a brand-new Crystal River Rapids action river attraction (opening March 1), giant treehouse water play structure, and Big Cypress tower with AquaDrop slide and two racing slides.
Older kids, teens, and adults can test their surfing skills through the exhilarating challenge of The Wake Zone Double FlowRider’s simulated waves (minimum 42 inches tall to bodyboard, 48 inches to stand-up ride).
A charming additional-fee activity is the “Paint Me A Fairytale” interactive show, during which Mother Goose paints favorite storybook characters Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and the Princess and the Pea into life with her magic paintbrush. Guests will receive a keepsake custom watercolor paint set and coloring book featuring characters from the show. Each session runs hourly between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., capacity is limited, and online reservations are required ($16.99 per person, included with Spring Package).
Additionally, the resort’s Relâche Spa offers a Springtime Renewal special, and Art Bar is the place for colorful cocktails, mocktails, and further photo ops.
“Once Upon a Spring” activities are available on select dates, including March 12-20, 25-27, April 1-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, 30; and May 1, 7-8 and 14-15.
For more information or to book the special Spring Into Fun Package, visit the Gaylord Palms website.