For the first time ever, Gaylord Palms Resort will feature the Three Kings Festival, a special celebration of Spanish and Latin American holiday traditions.
The resort will offer additional shows and activities as part of the festival to commemorate Three Kings’ Day, a holiday that honors the Three Wise Men. Guests can take part in this event from Jan. 1-6, 2019, alongside Christmas at Gaylord Palms.
Festive Flavors and Fun
Twice daily, guests can enjoy the brand-new show, “The Journey of Los Tres Reyes Magos.” This musical stage show retells the story of the Three Kings and the origins of Christmas, as well as the celebrations Las Posadas and el Día de los Reyes. Guests can catch the show on stage in Emerald Plaza inside the St. Augustine Atrium.
The resort’s snow tubing attraction will get a fun twist for the Three Kings Festival, transforming into “Snow Tubing Latin Nights.” During the nighttime hours, guests can fly down the eight-lane tubing hill, backed by high-energy Latin music. Guests can enjoy unlimited trips down the hill on their ticket date. Double riding tubes are available for parents with small children. But enjoy it while you can – Snow Tubing will close on Jan. 5.
In addition, Gaylord Palms’ restaurants will feature Latin-inspired offerings for Three Kings Day, including:
- Coquito, a traditional Latin cocktail
- MOOR – Beef or Chicken Empanadas with Chipotle Aioli
- Socio – Ham Croquettes with Garlic Mustard
- Wreckers Sports Bar – Mojo Pork Tacos with Cilantro Slaw
- Villa de Flora – Three Kings Cake on the dessert buffet
While visiting the resort for Christmas at Gaylord Palms and the Three Kings Festival, guests can enjoy complimentary experiences, like:
- Cirque Dreams Unwrapped – This 25-minute experience features acrobatics, theatricality, and imagination as performers bring a magical Christmas wonderland to life.
- Dreams of Christmas Light Show – Experience the brand-new holiday light show in the St. Augustine Atrium, complete with a new musical score to go with the millions of choreographed lights around the resort’s six-story Christmas tree.
- Christmas Tree Trail – Guests can explore the paths inside the resort’s Everglades Atrium to view the Christmas Tree Trail, a display of nine holiday trees decorated by Santa’s chief Christmas Tree Decorator.
- Acres of décor and fun – Guests of all ages can enjoy the 4.5 acres of indoor gardens inside Gaylord Palms Resort, featuring native Florida wildlife as well as traditional holiday decorations.
Another fun offering is the all-new Secret Santa Scavenger Hunt. For $9.99 plus tax, families can enlist in Santa’s Secret Service and receive their own Decoder Ring to decipher clues hidden through the atriums. Those who break the code will earn a Santa’s Secret Service badge.
For some “sweet” holiday memories, head to the Alpine Village Sweet Shop for the Gingerbread Decorating Corner. Guests can choose a gingerbread house or themed cookies starting at $22.99 plus tax, and share an interactive experience. At the end, guests can pack up their creations and take them home. The gingerbread pair Cinnamon and Nutmeg will also be on-hand for character meet-and-greets.
To learn more about the Three Kings Festival, and other holiday activities at Gaylord Palms, visit GaylordHotelsNews.com/ThreeKingsFestival.
Check out our video coverage of Christmas at Gaylord Palms below: