Hersheypark announces Chocolatetown expansion, opening summer 2020
Hersheypark has announced a massive $150 million expansion for 2020, where fun meets chocolate in more ways than one: Hershey’s Chocolatetown.
Chocolatetown will be an all-new area in the park, with new ways for guests to play, eat, shop and have fun together.
“We are incredibly excited to enter this next chapter in the rich history of Hersheypark. Hershey’s Chocolatetown will mark the true intersection where fun meets chocolate,” said John Lawn, president and CEO of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts. “Chocolatetown will be a place where chocolate-inspired attractions will transform the guest experience in new and engaging ways.”
A variety of new offerings can be found in Chocolatetown, including:
- New arrival experience and new front gate
- Restaurant, bar, and patio – largest full-service themed restaurant in Hershey, Pa.
- Ice cream parlor and confectionary scratch kitchen
- 2,200-square-foot Starbucks store
- Largest kettle corn location at Hersheypark
- One-of-a-kind Kisses Fountain
- A new home for the Carrousel, turning 100 years old in 2019
- Flagship store featuring the largest collection of Hersheypark merchandise
- Hersheypark’s 15th roller coaster
This new roller coaster will be Hersheypark’s tallest, fastest, and longest addition yet. No name has yet been released for the new coaster, but more details will be released at a later date.
“This will be a definitive project for Hersheypark, HE&R and our destination,” said Lawn. “Inspired by our visionary founder, we are so proud to be able to leverage our remarkable history and our shared iconic brand in creating a sense of place that you can only find in Hershey, Pa.”
Construction is planned to begin in January 2019, and Hersheypark will remain fully operational during the length of construction.
Learn more about the next chapter of Hersheypark at Hersheypark.com/Chocolatetown. Check out a video rendering of the new area below: