Busch Gardens has been teasing their Howl-O-Scream event for weeks with hints of a full press release via concept art and the announcement of the “Dark Side of the Gardens” theme. Now, all the details have emerged from the specifics on their haunted houses to what guests will encounter on the streets during Howl-O-Scream.
Zombies will overtake Busch Gardens this year. Jill M. Revelle, Marketing Director, promises that, “Even the streets themselves aren’t safe…for zombies live here, and insatiable hordes pour forth from every shadow, hungry to show fans the most horrifying Howl-O-Scream yet.”
Returning Haunted Houses this year include:
- Nightshade Toy Factory
- Death Row Vengeance: Fear the Dead
- Deconstruction: The Doctor is Out of Control
- Alone… (a personal experience in horror)
New Haunted Houses will be:
- Nevermore – An Edgar Allen Poe inspired house that challenges you to find a way out of the “gothic terror” before madness overtakes you.
- Zombie Mortuary – A small town funeral home that bore the brunt of the same mysterious zombie outbreak that overtook Busch Gardens.
- Ultimate Gamble: Vampire Casino – A Las Vegas Casino for bloodthirsty vampires that requires you to navigate your way through “seductive games and high stakes thrills”.
- Midnight Hour – A music industry themed show that revolves around the Hellfire Club and it’s sinister owner who promises to help make you a star.
- Fiends – A “deranged dance party” thrown by Dr. Frankenstein and his naughty nurses.