Disney’s Animal Kingdom has welcomed the arrival of a new face to the savanna: the Masai giraffe calf, Jabari!
Just two months old and seven feet tall, the giraffe calf has officially joined the herd. His name, Jabari, means “brave one” in Swahili. You can recognize him by looking for the special heart-shaped spot on his neck!
The park will celebrate Jabari’s arrival with limited-time in-park offerings, like:
- Take a ride on Kilimanjaro Safaris to try and spot the new calf as he explores his new home on the savanna
- Try a limited-edition cupcake at Tamu Tamu in Africa, featuring a photo of Jabari and his mom, Mara
- Pose for a photo at the entrance to the Harambe bridge with a Disney Photo Imaging photographer, complete with special birth announcement props to hold
- Get spotted with new giraffe-themed face painting options outside of the entrance to Kilimanjaro Safaris in Harambe
- Pick up a pair of giraffe-themed Mickey ears, cuddly plush or giraffe-themed Tervis Tumblers in Mombasa Marketplace
- Take home works of art from Mombasa Marketplace, including soapstone, wood carvings and artwork by William Silvers and prints by Larry Dotson
To learn more about Disney’s Animal Kingdom, visit DisneyWorld.com.