One of the most authentic St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in town will be taking place at Downtown Disney at the Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant from March 8 through 10 and 14 through 17. The event will feature more than 10 top Irish bands performing on select days, a variety of beers for sale, food by Irish Chef Kevin Dundon, face painting, stilt-walkers and plenty of St. Patrick’s Day memorabilia.
The spirited week will gear up from 6 to 11 p.m. on March 8, 9, and 10 with performances at Raglan Road by The Willis Clan, a family of artists and musicians who merge their Irish roots with other music genres. Nova Celtic, with its own twist on popular Irish music, will appear on a nearby outdoor stage. And from from 6 p.m. until 1 a.m. on March 14 and 15, and from noon until 1 a.m. on March 16 and 17, it’s a “Mighty Festival” at Raglan Road, a true Irish pub with Dublin roots, that includes Irish bands and pro dancers performing on several stages indoors and out.
- Performers include The Willis Clan, Girsa, Three Dollar Band, Nova Celtic, The Farrell Bros., Celtic Wave, Johnny & Justin, Wyndbreakers, Raglan Road house band Creel and Albannach, with a new approach to percussion and Celtic music.
- World-famous U2 tribute band Elevation will be playing Saturday and Sunday.
- Renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast, will be leading Irish Dance Workshops Friday through Sunday and distinguished Dublin-born multi-instrumentalist Declan Masterson will be leading Irish Music Workshops.
- The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full-time champion dancers will be performing daily.
- “The Electric Ceili” (kay-lee) will perform Sunday evening, bringing together a host of Irish musicians and dancers
Guests can order from the Raglan Road and Cooke’s of Dublin food and drink menus throughout the event. They’ll also discover additional food offerings across Pleasure Island. On Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, St. Patrick’s Day, Raglan Road seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Access to select entertainment on March 16 will include a $5 cover charge; on March 17, the cover will run up to $10. Raglan Road reservations can be booked on March 14 and 15 by calling 407-938-0300.