Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood are the destinations for all things “Jurassic World” this summer, with special advance screenings, dinosaur encounters and more.
Universal Orlando Resort
Over at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk, guests can check out the premiere of “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” at AMC Universal Cineplex 20 theater on June 21 with a double feature of both “Jurassic World” films. “Jurassic World” will be shown at 3 p.m., followed by “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” premiering at 6 p.m. Tickets for this special double feature are on sale now.
When you purchase a double feature ticket, you can also experience the following at the theater from 1-3 p.m. that day:
- Exclusive meet-and-greets with dinosaurs like a baby triceratops and Blue the Raptor
- Show off your skills with Jurassic trivia for prizes
- Pick up “Jurassic World” merchandise before or after the movie with a 10 percent discount at the “Jurassic World” merchandise cart in CityWalk
Voodoo Doughnut is also getting in on the prehistoric fun, with an exclusive new Raptor Claw doughnut. Inspired by Blue, this Raptor Claw doughnut features chocolate frosting, raspberry jelly filling and blue sprinkles. This new treat is available for a limited time only, so be sure to get one before they go extinct!
Inside Universal’s Islands of Adventure, guests can come face-to-face with Blue the Raptor at the Jurassic Park Raptor Encounter. She can be friendly, but don’t get too close, as she is still a little unpredictable. A trainer will be on-hand to give guests facts about this clever girl, and make sure her meetings run smoothly.
At Loews Royal Pacific Resort, younger guests can be right in the middle of the action with special “Jurassic World”-themed kids’ suites. They can sleep in their own Gyrosphere, and be transported to the island of Isla Nublar, all from the comfort of their hotel room.
Universal’s newest nighttime lagoon show also features a few dinos from “Jurassic World.” Now in technical rehearsals, “Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration” features a full section of the show dedicated to “Jurassic World.”
Check out our clip of the “Jurassic World” portion of the new nighttime show below:
Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal CityWalk at Universal Studios Hollywood is the place to be for “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,” starting with advance screenings of the new film in six Universal Cinema theaters and in IMAX.
Screenings begin on June 21, with a special double feature starting with “Jurassic World” at 3 p.m., before the early screening of “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” at 6 p.m. Tickets are available now.
Additional “Jurassic” highlights at Universal Studios Hollywood include:
- A life-sized Tyrannosaurus Rex, standing at 13 feet tall and 36 feet wide, weighing three tons, willl dominate CityWalk by the Universal Cinema for a once-in-a-lifetime photo-opp through June 24
- Original props from “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” will be on display through June 24, including the Gyrosphere
- Authentic costumes worn by film stars Chris Pratt (Owen) and Bryce Dallas Howard (Claire) will be on display within the Universal Cinema through July 1
- The same exclusive Raptor Claw doughnut available at Universal Orlando Resort will be found at Voodoo Doughnut through July 7
“Jurassic Park” fans are invited to watch this new entry in the saga, then experience it for themselves with “Jurassic Park – The Ride” at Universal Studios Hollywood before it closes for good on Sept. 3. The ride’s closing will make way for an all-new “Jurassic World” ride in 2019. Guests can also interact with Blue the Raptor from the “Jurassic World” franchise at the park’s “Raptor Encounter.”
Check out the trailer for “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” below, and it hits theaters on June 22: