In honor of the Year of the Rabbit, Looney Tunes is celebrating Lunar New Year with none other than the international superstar, cultural icon, and rabbit: Bugs Bunny.
To help fans celebrate the Year of the Rabbit, Warner Bros. Discovery has created unique, all-new Year of the Rabbit-themed merchandise, animated content, experiences, and gaming, all featuring Bugs and his Looney Tunes pals.
Looney Tunes Year of the Rabbit Apparel Collections
- Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products and Kohl’s have partnered to create a gender-neutral Sonoma Community apparel collection for adults and kids featuring Bugs Bunny, available exclusively at Kohl’s and on Kohls.com in the U.S.
- WB Shop joins the celebration with an all-new Year of the Rabbit – Looney Tunes collection of apparel and accessories featuring Looney Tunes characters wearing Year of the Rabbit-themed costumes.
- The Looney Tunes x BOSS capsule collection of adult and kids’ apparel consists of jerseywear, knitwear, and outerwear embellished with red and gold, key Looney Tunes catchphrases, and bunny and carrot motifs (available online and at BOSS stores).
- Moschino is introducing Bugs to the world of Italian luxury with a 23-item collection of women’s ready-to-wear and accessories, including a leather boxing-glove clutch, gold bijoux pieces, printed leather moto jackets, and bunny-ear high heels.
- Amsterdam-based brand Scotch & Soda is launching a bunny-themed capsule for adults and kids in spring 2023, including a varsity jacket showcasing Bugs Bunny and the letter S (for Scotch & Soda).
- Spanish fashion retailer Desigual is set to launch a women’s and kid’s collection, including sweatshirts inspired by vintage Bugs Bunny movies, trucker jackets with college-style lettering, and distressed-effect t-shirts.
- Cotton On is celebrating the Year of the Rabbit (and all things Lunar New Year) In Australia with a very lucky Looney Tunes capsule collection that includes over 50 styles across womenswear, menswear, and Rubi accessories (available online at cottonon.com).
- Target Australia is offering a range of Bugs Bunny family sleepwear (including a pet option) launching at the end of January 2023.
- Gap launched a Bugs Bunny apparel collection with select styles available in North America.
Looney Tunes Year of the Rabbit Animated Content
- Bugs will star in new episodes of “Looney Tunes Cartoons” on HBO Max, plus appear alongside two other Looney rabbits – Babs and Buster – in Cartoon Network and HBO Max’s new series, “Tiny Toons Looniversity.”
- Cartoonito’s preschool series, “Bugs Bunny Builders,” released a new two-minute short celebrating Lunar New Year, featuring Bugs and Lola Bunny teaching the Looney Builders about the annual celebration and performing a Looney lion dance to bring good luck and fortune to the new year. Families can expect new, full-length episodes of the series on Cartoonito, Cartoon Network, and HBO Max.
Looney Tunes Year of the Rabbit Gaming
- “MultiVersus,” the free-to-play platform fighter videogame from Warner Bros. Games featuring Bugs Bunny and Looney Tunes characters alongside other heroes and personalities, will celebrate the Lunar New Year with in-game themed items, including a Red Guardian Reindog character variant, Ringout, Banner and Profile Icons, all commemorating the Year of the Rabbit. Content will be available for purchase from Jan. 17 (10 a.m. PST) through Jan. 31 (10 a.m. PST).
- “Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem” will celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with a month-long limited-time event during which players can unlock two brand new Epic Rabbit characters –Lunar Bugs and Lunar Lola – through the following methods: A 7-day event with Campaigns, Quests, and Leaderboards on Jan. 20, where players can immerse themselves in the Year of the Rabbit and have a chance to unlock Lunar Bugs, and Battle Pass, where players who engage in daily activities and Lunar New Year events for 28 days and earn 70 Milestones worth of rewards can unlock Lunar Lola.