Merlin Entertainments — a global leader in location-based family entertainment — will reopen its leading London attractions on Aug. 1, including the iconic lastminute.com London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, Sea Life London Aquarium, The London Dungeon, and Shrek’s Adventure! London.
Each of Merlin Entertainment’s London attractions has been awarded the “We’re Good to Go” industry charter mark. This designation assures visitors that businesses are adhering to government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment, and have all required processes in place.
“The UK-wide industry-standard quality mark reassures visitors that British tourism businesses, attractions, and destinations are reopening with clear processes in place,” says VisitBritain deputy director/senior vice president of the Americas, Paul Gauger. “American travelers can be assured of a very warm British welcome when the time comes to travel again, and that our world-class attractions will be here when visitors return.”
Guests returning to these attractions can expect to see many new measures to guarantee the highest level of hygiene and safety standards while still delivering a magical day out, including reduced capacities, online ticket pre-booking, social distancing measures, and cashless payments.
“We are delighted that all our London attractions will reopen on Aug. 1,” said Sunny Jouhal, general manager at the lastminute.com London Eye. “The health and safety of our guests and team is always our number one priority [and] we have been working hard to reopen with the memorable and exciting experiences we are known for, delivered in the safest possible way.”
In line with “We’re Good to Go” guidelines, all Merlin Entertainments attractions will implement the following enhanced hygiene and safety measures:
- Reduced capacity to allow for social distancing
- All guests must pre-book tickets and a time slot online before visiting
- Social distancing markers and signage
- Temperature checks for all guests before entry
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, hygiene stations, and hand sanitizer at key locations
- All team members will wear face masks/coverings or appropriate PPE.
- Face masks are required for guests over the age of 11 when visiting the lastminute.com London Eye, The London Dungeon, and Shrek’s Adventure! London
- Face masks are encouraged for guests over the age of 11 when visiting Madame Tussauds London and Sea Life London Aquarium
- All attractions will use contactless payment methods
- New hygiene screens will safely separate guests and team members at service counters
- Live shows and meet and greet experiences will have limited numbers or will continue to be closed
For additional information about the new health and safety measures per attraction and to pre-book tickets, visit the following websites: