New details revealed about Minion Land at Universal Orlando
Universal Orlando Resort has revealed all-new details about Minion Land opening in Universal Studios Florida Park this summer.
As we recently reported in our construction update, the immersive new land created through a partnership between Universal’s creative team and filmmakers from Illumination will allow guests to enter the world of the beloved mischievous Minions from the hit “Despicable Me” and “Minions” movie franchises.
Building on the success of the extremely popular Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attraction, the area along Illumination Avenue will be filled with exciting new Minions-themed experiences, including Minion Café and the new Villain-Con Minion Blast attraction.
Villain-Con Minion Blast
The all-new attraction challenges park guests to test their villainous skills in an interactive gaming experience. When they complete the challenge, guests exit through Evil Stuff, an all-new retail location featuring Villain-Con and Minions merchandise. Additional details will be revealed soon.
Guests will be able to meet the Minions, Gru, Margo, Edith, and Agnes, plus new additions from the hit film “Sing” – Rosita, Gunter, and Johnny – at an outdoor Illumination Theater facade. Throughout Minion Land, colorful murals and fun photo ops will celebrate additional characters from popular Illumination films.
The new Illumination’s Minion Café will offer an entertaining dining experience featuring areas themed to fan-favorite Minions Kevin, Stuart, Bob, and Otto:
- The Kitchen, where guests will see the equipment the Minions used to whip up the cafe’s menu
- The Breakroom, where guests can dine in the Minions’ break space, including “Office Safety Tips” and a vending machine stocked with mischievous items
- The Dining Room, where guests can enjoy their meal surrounded by colorful artwork courtesy of the Minions.
Minion Cafe is the latest example of inventive, family-friendly fare created by Universal Orlando’s award-winning culinary team, with a menu consisting of nearly 20 items inspired by memorable characters and moments from the Minions franchise, including “despica-bowls” like Otto’s noodle bowl, Agnes’s honeymoon soup,and Carl’s vegan crispy cauliflower; handhelds including the steak and “cheese ray” sandwich; and delicious desserts like Bob’s Teddy Bear chocolate cream puff. The “mini Minions” kids menu includes the Mini Boss’ Mega Melt.
Minion Café will also offer an outdoor patio where guests can dine while overlooking the fun of Minion Land and an express window with a limited menu for a quick bite on the go.
Additional Minion Land Dining Locations
- Bake My Day – The clue to what’s in store for guests is a massive pink cupcake on its roof. Inside this whimsical retail location and bakery, they’ll find Minion-themed sweet treats, including cupcakes, macarons, and s’mores, along with exclusive Minion-inspired merchandise like apparel, plush, drinkware, accessories, keychains, and more.
- Pop-A-Nana – Have you ever tried banana-flavored popcorn? Well, that’s precisely what you’ll find at this new walk up location serving sweet and savory popcorn inspired by the Minions’ love for bananas. An assortment of cute popcorn buckets will also be available, including the Minion Selfie bucket.
- Freeze Ray Pops – There’s no better way to cool off on a hot Orlando day than with colorful popsicles inspired by Gru, the Minions, and Vector (this location will also offer beverages)
Minion Land is the newest example of how Universal Destinations & Experiences celebrates beloved stories and characters through immersive storytelling for everyone in the family. The new land in Orlando follows Universal’s announcement of a one-of-kind, original theme park for families with young children coming to Frisco, Texas.