UPDATED: New Knott’s chaperone policy extended to include Sundays
As a result of an early park closure on July 16, 2022, that was due to “unruly behavior and altercations involving a number of teenagers,” Knott’s Berry Farm has implemented a new chaperone policy effective July 22, 2022.
While there was speculation about the cause of the altercations, the result was a chaotic evacuation and early closure of the 100+-year-old Buena Park, Calif. theme park last Saturday night.
Therefore, as part of the park’s commitment to providing “wholesome family fun” for guests of all ages, a Knott’s chaperone policy will begin Friday, July 22, 2022, and will remain in effect on Fridays and Saturdays until further notice.
Knott’s Chaperone Policy:
Under the policy, all guests ages 17 years old or younger must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old to be admitted to the park. The chaperone must present a valid photo ID with date of birth. One chaperone may accompany no more than three guests ages 17 or younger per day. Chaperones must accompany their party during entry, remain with their party at all times during their visit to the park, and be available by phone throughout their stay. Guests ages 17 years old or younger who are found inside the park unaccompanied by a chaperone will be subject to ejection.
Guests should note the chaperone requirement applies to all Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Waterpark ticket and season passholders.
All guests are also expected to uphold the park’s Personal Conduct Policy:
Conduct deemed by Knott’s Berry Farm to be inappropriate for the peace and good order of the park, guests, or associates, and which may adversely affect the safety of others is not permitted. Anyone who violates the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund. Guests are encouraged to report any violations of the Guest Code of Conduct or suspicious activity to the nearest Knott’s Berry Farm or Security associate.
In addition, the park has reminded guests that the following is not permitted at Knott’s Berry Farm:
- Carrying firearms, ammunition, knives, and weapons of any kind and any other prohibited item. Knott’s Berry Farm reserves the right to prohibit any items at their discretion.
- Unsolicited photographing or video recording that disrupts a guest’s experience or interferes with park operations
- Unruly or disruptive behavior that interferes with guests’ enjoyment of the park, including running, the incitement of running, and blocking midways and exits.
- Fighting or physical aggression of any kind, including verbal and physical assaults
- Acts or behavior that park management determines is a safety concern, or that interrupts park operations or guests’ experience.
- Harassing/threatening behavior, sexual misconduct, or lewd behavior, including inappropriate interaction with park guests or associates.
- Offensive language or gestures.
- Clothing with offensive language, obscene gestures/graphics, or nudity, or clothing that does not sufficiently cover undergarments.
- Intoxication or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior.
- Smoking/Vaping is not permitted inside the park.
- Entering restricted areas, including but not limited to ride Danger Zones and behind-the-scenes areas.
- Line Breaking- includes leaving and re-entering a line for any reason or place holding in line.
- Theft of any kind.
- Selling park tickets or soliciting and distributing literature not sponsored by the park.
- Refusing to follow verbal or printed instructions or cooperate with park personnel or security.
Knott’s has announced an update to their chaperone policy that extends the chaperone requirement for all park guests 17 years old or younger to Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays until further notice. The park also noted that additional days of the week will be added if necessary.
Click here for more information about Knott’s chaperone policy.