Chef Emeril Lagasse has kicked the menu of his CityWalk restaurant up a notch with more of his signature “New New Orleans” cuisine and fresh, local and regional products from the Gulf of Mexico and Florida’s farms.
Inspiration for the new lunch menu stemmed from a philosophy of local, ingredient-driven dishes with a simplistic foundation. From wood-oven fired pizzas, duck tacos and fresh seafood to hearty sandwiches, the lunch menu has offerings that may appeal to any palate, including a children’s menu.
The new lunch menu at Emeril’s Orlando features:
• Gulf fish ceviche with cilantro, lime and chili
• Blackened Mahi Mahi sandwich with papaya salsa, sweet potato chips and okra pickles
• Wood-oven prosciutto pizza with gorgonzola, arugula and grilled tomato sauce
• Duck tacos with chipotle slaw, tomatillo salsa, cilantro and lime sour cream
• Brazilian seafood stew with shrimp, mussles, calamari, scallion rice, tomato and coconut milk
For dinner, the restaurant now offers a new small plates “Snacks” category, including delicious dishes such as Fresh Gulf Fish Ceviche with cilantro and lime chilis; Yellowfin Tuna Lettuce Wraps with wakame salad, avocado, jalapeno, and ponzu sauce; Fresh House Made Guacamole with spiced tortilla chips; and a Shrimp Mojito Taco with mojo, cilantro, and salsa verde.
Other highlights from the new dinner menu include:
• Wood Oven Roasted Artichoke with lemon aioli
• Crispy Fried Oysters with Rockefeller sauce, brie fondue, and bacon
• Curried Vegetable Pizza with Farmer’s cheese, cilantro pesto, and curry oil
• Apple Cider Glazed Pork ‘Ham’ Chop with mascarpone grits, Southern cooked collard greens
• Duck Confit and Bucatini Pasta with fresh peas, tomato, mushroom, and duck butter
• Roasted Florida Grouper in a Brazilian fish stew, mussels, calamari, tomato, coconut milk, and scallion rice pilaf
• Mussels and Frites with white wine, tomato, sausage, hand cut fries and aioli
Emeril’s Tchoup Chop in the Loews Pacific Royal Hotel also has a few new dishes: a Kona Coffee Spice Pork Tenderloin with shishito pepper cornbread and spaghetti squash; “Duck Duck Goose” (smoked duck breast with foie gras gyoza and gooseberry jam; and a Cedar Paper-wrapped Salmon with a guava barbecue glaze and succotash.
At both locations through Dec. 30 2014, guests may receive a free appetizer or dessert when they show a same day theme park ticket from Universal Orlando.
To view the new menus or make a reservation, visit EmerilsRestaurants.com/Emerils-Orlando.