If you’re looking for a New Year’s Eve experience outside of the Disney Parks, then head to Disney’s Contemporary Resort for two special New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (8 p.m. – 12:15 a.m)
This New Year’s Eve party brings family-friendly fun to Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Sarge from the “Toy Story” films will welcome you as you arrive at the second floor of the resort. Once inside, guests will see spaces that have been transformed into scenes from Pixar films.
Highlights from the evening’s festivities include:
- Step into the world of Disney/Pixar films like “Inside Out,” “Finding Nemo,” “The Incredibles,” and “UP,” and meet some of your favorite characters.
- Kids’ activities, including Boot Camp with Sarge, Pixar face painting, and a balloon artist sculpting your favorite Pixar characters.
- An interactive DJ serving up Radio Disney songs from his “Cars”-inspired DJ rig, complete with road signs and tires straight out of Radiator Springs.
- A buffet dinner, featuring Woody’s Favorite Lemon Thyme Chicken Breast, Wall-E’s Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi, Sulley’s Beast White Cheddar Baked Mac & Cheese, Rex’s Manhattan Filet, salad options, desserts, kids’ offerings like chicken fingers and more.
- A viewing of the Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets for this offering are $190 per person, including tax and gratuity.
Disney Countdown to Midnight (8 p.m. – 12:15 a.m.)
This New Year’s Eve, dress to the 9s and party up during Disney’s Countdown to Midnight, an evening of dancing, food, and fun in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
The ballroom will be decorated from top to bottom in Disney magic, with everything from a Mickey Mouse disco ball to Disney Character topiaries. A live DJ will spin tunes all night long to keep the energy high before the clock strikes midnight.
Other highlights of the night will include:
- A special appearance by Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
- A “cheftainment” station with a seasonal menu inspired by Disney Signature Dining Restaurants, with a touch of Disney magic.
- At night’s end, guests will be invited out to the porte cochère, where they will receive a champagne flute and ring in 2019 with the Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets are $275 each, including tax and gratuity.
An add-on offering for the night is also available – the Ink & Paint Club experience, from 7 p.m – 12:15 a.m.
Offered only as a VIP enhancement to the Disney Countdown to Midnight party, this reception will take guests back in time to a vintage Disney Animation-inspired room with metallic tables, silver Chiavari chairs, and classic Disney Animation references throughout. Ticketed guests can visit the Ink and Paint Club throughout the night, kicking off with a featured reception from 7-8 p.m.
Highlights of this experience include:
- Photo opportunities with Mickey and Minnie Mouse alongside a Disney Animation backdrop.
- Chef stations featuring king crab, tuna tartare, sheep’s milk ricotta gnocchi, Champagne, cocktails, cordials and more – and all are included with admission.
- A pianist providing live entertainment.
- Reserved seating in the Disney Countdown to Midnight Party when it opens to guests at 8 p.m.
The Ink & Paint Club is only available as an enhanced ticket to the Disney Countdown to Midnight event, for a total of $450 per guest. Access to both the Ink & Paint Club must be purchased at the same time as the Disney Countdown to Midnight ticket, and cannot be added on later.
Bookings are now available for all three New Year’s offerings at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. To purchase tickets to any of these events, call (407) WDW-DINE. To learn more about other New Year’s Eve offerings at Walt Disney World, visit DisneyWorld.com.