Plant-based dining options are getting a boost at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort! All of the major quick- and table-service restaurants at both resorts will soon roll out plant-based options alongside a new plant-based menu icon coming to Disney dining.
Guests will now be able to choose from many different creations, including brand-new plant-based dishes. These new offerings are made from ingredients like vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes – and are made without animal meat, dairy, eggs, or honey.
On Oct. 1 at quick-service locations and Oct. 3 at table-service locations, Walt Disney World Resort will launch the new plant-based menu icon and introduce new offerings at the parks and resort hotels. Guests will be able to choose from over 400 plant-based dishes, some of which including:
- Steamed Asian Dumplings from Le Cellier at Epcot – served with bok choy, Chinese long beans, red peppers and radish in Asian broth
- Shiriki Noodle Salad from Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen at Magic Kingdom – made with noodles, edamame beans, mushrooms, green mango and cucumber, tossed with a sweet chili sauce
- Felucian Garden Spread from Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – made with plant-based “kefta,” herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish and pita
- Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl from Satu’li Canteen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – featuring crispy tofu, seasoned with chili-spice and topped with crunchy vegetable slaw, boba balls and guest’s choice of base and sauce
- Plant-Based Cashew Cheesecake from California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
For Disneyland Resort, the new menu icon and plant-based options will debut in spring 2020. At the international Disney Parks, guests can try the Risotto-style Spelt with Mushrooms at Disneyland Paris, Pan-Fried Vegetables with Plant-Based Dumplings at Hong Kong Disneyland, or Caramel Mix Nuts Banana Cake at Shanghai Disney Resort. When sailing with the Disney Cruise Line, travelers can find options like a Plant-Based Chili Dog and Plant-Based Eggs or Chocolate Truffle Cake.
Check out our video going over this new announcement below: