A trip to Legoland Florida Resort isn’t complete without an order of Granny Smith’s Apple Fries — and now you can make them at home!
This fan-favorite treat can bring a little bit of Legoland Florida to your kitchen in just a few steps.
Check out the recipe below:
Granny Smith’s Apple Fries
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 quart of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 1/2 ounces of cinnamon sugar
- In a deep pot, heat 1 quart of canola oil to 350ºF.
- Peel and core the Granny Smith apple, then cut into 1/4 inch French fry-shaped slices.
- Place your apple fries into a mixing bowl and add 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Toss the fries gently in the bowl to make sure they’re fully covered with corn starch, while being careful not to break them.
- Once the fries are completely covered, slowly place the fries into the oil and allow to cook for 30 seconds. Make sure to move the fries around to avoid having them stick to the pot, then finish cooking for 2 more minutes.
- When they are finished cooking, remove the fries from oil, shaking off any excess before placing them into a mixing bowl.
- Immediately dust the fries with 1/2 ounces of cinnamon sugar.
- Serve the apple fries fresh and enjoy! You can even add caramel and ice cream to make them even more authentic.
We want to see your creations if you decide to give this recipe for Granny Smith’s Apple Fries from Legoland Florida Resort a try! Be sure to share photos with us on Twitter at @Attractions.