Celebrate ‘Scoobtober’ with new Scooby-Doo movie, Mystery Gang merch, and more
With October being the spookiest month of the year, Warner Bros. is going all out to celebrate everyone’s favorite ghost-finding dog, Scooby-Doo, during “Scoobtober.”
The celebration includes a new animated movie, Mystery Gang-themed merch from Hot Topic, Lunchbox, FYE, Loungefly, and Buckle Down, and in-person events at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis and New York Comic Con.
“Scoobtober” kicks off at 3 p.m. Oct. 3, 2022, with a marathon of movies on Cartoon Network. The network will have more marathons and movie screenings throughout the month, including:
- 7 p.m. Tuesdays-Thursdays — “Scooby-Doo! and Guess Who?!”
- 7 p.m. Oct. 7 — “Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog”
- 7 p.m. Oct. 14 — “Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!”
“Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!” is a brand new animated movie and shows the Mystery Gang trying to catch a break and get ready for Halloween. But spooky doppelganger ghosts of the gang and classic villains show up to wreak havoc and ruin Coolsville’s Halloween festivities. So, it’s up to those meddling kids to save the holiday.
New York Comic Con will also host an early screening of “Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!” at 4:45 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 7, in Room 401. The screening includes games, giveaways, goodies, and a chance to dress up in Halloween costumes.
As for new merch, the following retailers have new Mystery Gang collections dropping this month:
- MultiVersus: The free-to-play platform fighter will have a dedicated Twitch Stream of Scooby-Doo content, including films and TV episodes. Runs Oct. 28-30.
- WB Shop: The official Scooby-Doo Scoobtober Collection is available now, including glow-in-the-dark bags from Loungefly, pet accessories from Buckle Down, and official WB Shop Scooby-Doo apparel.
- FYE: The entertainment retailer has a new Scooby-Doo x Courage collection of clothing celebrating the world’s most famous spooky, scaredy-cat dogs.
- Hot Topic: The shop’s new Scooby-Doo! Collection includes cosplay-inspired clothing and accessories along with a few Hex Girls T-shirts. The collection launches online on Oct. 4.
Then at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, there’s the Scooby-Doo! Mansion Mayhem! interactive exhibit. The gang needs help hunting down a jewel-thieving ghost that escaped into a spooky mansion. The immersive, scavenger-hunt-style experience is included with museum admission.