SeaWorld San Diego is celebrating summer with the return of Electric Ocean on June 11 with classic daytime experiences, new entertainment, and recharged nighttime favorites.
Electric Ocean will transform the park into a sea of glowing color and energy after the sun sets. The event is included with park admission, and takes place on select days and nights from June 11 through Sept. 6.
Throughout the day and night, guests can enjoy new shows and then stay late to dance the night away with glowing sea creatures and world-class DJs for a family-friendly dance party “beneath the waves” — all before ending the night with the “Ignite” fireworks spectacular.
This year, SeaWorld San Diego is introducing new entertainment and shows, including:
- Cirque Neon World: A theatrical production that features a mixture of acrobatic skills, dance, and athletic stage performance connected with world-beat music, elaborate sets, costumes, and makeup.
- Ignite Fireworks: This fireworks spectacular will bring the colors of the sea to the skies above the park. The show can be seen from all around the park, though showtimes will vary during Electric Ocean evenings.
- Club Sea Glow: Get the party started with high-energy music and plenty of space to spread out as a DJ leads an all-ages dance party leading up to the start of “Ignite.”
- Electric Floating Acts: Encounter the currents of Electric Ocean — characters, artists, acrobats, and entertainers — as they roam throughout the park.
- Stephen Fishwick’s Storytelling: Artist and entertainer Stephen Fishwick will take guests into the world of live performance painting as he creates vibrant works under the stars.
- Let’s Play Together: Take part in an interactive play date with your favorite Sesame Street friends. Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Rosita, Grover, and Cookie Monster will dance, play and sing as they share wonderful experiences about friendship with guests.
- Static Shock Rock Show: Covering pop, rock, Latin and R&B hits through the years, this band’s performances and vocals will sweep guests up in a tide of musical memories.
- High Voltage Brass Band: In the style of Stomp and Blast, guests will find themselves immersed in a spectacle of music and motion ranging from techno-pop to rock and jazz.
In addition to the new entertainment, there will also be plenty of summer eats and returning offerings:
- Glow Bar: Electric Ocean guests ages 21 and up can recharge at this outdoor lounge with luminous cocktails, alcohol-infused fruit sorbet, and other treats.
- Anemone Avenue: Vibrant inflatable anemones shimmer along the pathway, revealing a not-so-secret entryway to Club Sea Glow.
- Jellyfish Canopy: Playful moon jellyfish will delight you with their magical tentacles as they drift through the currents.
- Laser Reef Light Show: Cap off the night with a canopy of colors that “submerges” guests below the ocean in a display of color and sound.
- Giants of the Deep: Find larger-than-life animal installations as they swim throughout the park.
- Time-Surf Tunnel: Surf through time and space to the soundtrack of SeaWorld shows from the past as you dance through this cosmic light tunnel.
To learn more about Electric Ocean at SeaWorld San Diego, visit SeaWorld.com/San-Diego.