The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort has announced a new expansion for the resort is coming, with amenities that will cater to meetings and groups.
Ground has officially been broken on the tower, called “The Cove,” and is scheduled to be completed in the fall of 2020.
The new hotel will be located next to the Swan Resort where the tennis courts were once located. Once complete, the new hotel will bring the resort’s total number of guest rooms to 2,619.
The tower will be 14 stories tall and include:
- Meeting and rooftop space – Over 22,000-square-feet of meeting space, including two ballrooms, 12 meeting rooms, and a rooftop reception space that will offer views of the nightly Walt Disney World fireworks
- Guest rooms – 349 guest rooms, including 151 suites that feature separate working and private spaces, built-in AV system, large conference tables, and other features designed for a collaboration space
- Outdoor space – Landscaped 16,800-square-foot elevated deck with a fire pit and pool
- Restaurant – 90-seat restaurant and a 50-seat lounge
- Other amenities – Health club, business center, grab-and-go market, upscale craft cocktail lobby bar, and Disney benefits
“This is another significant phase for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort,” said Fred Sawyers, general manager for the resort. “We’re excited about the resort’s continued evolution and the new experience it will provide for our guests.”
This expansion follows a $150 million transformation of the resort’s guest rooms, lobby areas, and meeting spaces. Once the new tower is complete, the resort will offer over 2,600 guest rooms and 350,000-square-feet of meeting space.
The Cove will be open for group bookings starting March 1, 2021. To learn more, call (407) 934-4290.