Tickets are now officially on sale for Gaylord Palms’ annual holiday event, Christmas at Gaylord Palms. To celebrate, the resort has unveiled its full lineup of offerings alongside the previously-announced pop-up experience, “I Love Christmas Movies.”
The anchor for this year’s event, which runs from Nov. 13, 2020 – Jan. 3, 2021, is I Love Christmas Movies, an exclusive pop-up exhibition where guests can experience beloved holiday films, including “The Polar Express,” “A Christmas Story,” “Elf,” “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation,” and “The Year Without a Santa Claus” – all in a totally new way. Designed with social distancing features in mind, guests can enjoy 15 fully immersive scenes featuring replicas of film props, audio clips and more.
Another new experience for this year is the Snow Factory, which will transport guests to a wintry wonderland filled with icy fun. In this mechanized snow play place, families can enjoy multiple attractions, including Snow Flow Mountain, where they can slide through factory conveyor belts that have frozen solid and ride on tubes down a plummet slide or hilly ice coaster; and Snowball Build and Blast, where guests can build and toss real snowballs to boost the power of snowmaking machines.
The resort’s Villa de Flora will reopen just in time for the holiday festivities after its extensive renovation, offering a buffet for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve. The restaurant’s new theming is designed to make guests feel as though they’re walking through modern coastal Mediterranean countries. The venue now features a new patio and trellis, a temperature-controlled wine room, a wall adorned with olive oil and an open kitchen where guests can see their food being made from their tables. In addition, a pizza oven has been added, so guests can have fresh pizzas as part of their buffet.
The St. Augustine atrium will come to life with millions of twinkling holiday lights and a towering Christmas tree during Christmas at Gaylord Palms, but guests have even more to be excited for:
- Live performances on the St. Augustine Stage, including Cirque Dreams Unwrapped and “The Greatest Story.”
- Fun and festive breakfast with The Grinch Character Breakfast at Villa de Flora.
- An interactive experience that will show kids what it takes to become one of Santa’s helpers during the Elf Training Academy.
- #LIT Light Show, a one-of-a-kind light show in the St. Augustine atrium sky that brings the magic of decorating the Christmas tree to life.
- Gingerbread Decorating Corner, where guests can choose from different design options or create their own holiday-themed gingerbread cookies and house. After decorating, guests can meet Nutmeg the Gingerbread Man for photos.
- A meet-and-greet with Santa Claus in Photos with Santa by DEI. Guests can share what’s on their wish lists this year in a redesigned space for social distancing.
- Mrs. Claus’ Christmas Traditions, where guests can celebrate holiday traditions old and new, as well as hear stories and sing Christmas songs.
- The Grinch’s Wonderful Awful Idea Scavenger Hunt, a holiday-themed adventure that will help grow The Grinch’s heart three sizes and show him the meaning of the season.
- A Sugary Sweet Storytime will immerse guests into the world of The Nutcracker, lead by the Sugarplum Fairy in an interactive musical spectacular.
- The Journey of Los Tres Reyes Magos live show, where guests will join the Three Kings in a musical celebration as they retell the Christmas story adn the ceelebrations surroudning it, including Las Posadas and el Día de los Reyes. This offering will run from Dec. 27 , 2020 – Jan. 3, 2021
Due to limited capacity aligning with Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” program, advance online reservations are required for all ticketed events. Tickets for Christmas at Gaylord Palms and I Love Christmas Movies can be purchased at ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.com and ILoveChristmasMoviesExperience.com. Use promo code “UNWRAPPED” for more than 35% off I Love Christmas Movies (Not valid on Saturdays, limited availability, restrictions apply).