Tickets now on sale for ‘The Illusionists’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center
After a multi-city tour and Broadway run, The Illusionists – Live from Broadway are bringing their magic to the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts from October 4 – 9, 2016, and tickets are now on sale to the general public.
The Illusionists – Live from Broadway is produced by Simon Painter, Tim Lawson and MagicSpace Entertainment. Conceived by Simon Painter, the show’s creative team also includes executive producer Tim Lawson, director Neil Dorward and creative director Jim Millan.
The seven stars of The Illusionists are:
· The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin: Considered a rising superstar in the world of magic, Yu Ho-Jin was recently named the 2014 “Magician of the Year,” by Academy of Magical Arts and was the first Asian to win the Grand Prix at the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques, also known as the “Olympics of Magic.”
· The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry: Described as “Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield,” Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
· The Trickster, Jeff Hobson: The epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
· The Escapologist, Andrew Basso: Italy’s star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous “Water Torture Cell” with absolutely no covers.
· The Inventor, Kevin James: Known for innovative illusions, Kevin is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
· The Weapon Master, Ben Blaque: Ben has established himself as America’s foremost master of the crossbow after appearing for times on “America’s Got Talent.” He performs incredibly dangerous acts of dexterity using highly powerful crossbows to shoot various objects supported by his assistant.
· The Deductionist, Colin Cloud: One of the greatest thought readers of all time, Colin is a psychic savant, known as a real-life Sherlock Holmes. Don’t play against him in a game of poker. He’s never lost.
Creative Producer Simon Painter said, “We can’t wait to bring this electrifying show to Orlando for a truly entertaining experience for the whole family. The Illusionists is the most non-stop and powerful mix of outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on the live stage.”
Tickets for The Illusionists – Live from Broadway performances in the Dr. Phillips Center’s Walt Disney Theater start at $30.75 and may be purchased online at drphillipscenter.org, by calling 844.513.2014 or by visiting the Dr. Phillips Center Box Office at 445 S. Magnolia Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, or 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday. Online and phone ticket purchases include handling fees.
For more about theater at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, check out our reviews of Beautiful and Dirty Dancing from the 2015/2016 Broadway touring season.