When Toy Story Land opens on June 30 at Walt Disney World in Florida, guests will find even more fun in the food offerings coming to the new land with Woody’s Lunch Box, which will serve classic on-the-go items with a new twist.
Soon-to-be open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this new 11-acre land will bring all of the magic and fun of the Disney/Pixar film, “Toy Story,” to life. Inspired by Andy’s backyard, guests will “shrink” to the size of a toy and set off on their own adventure with three signature attractions.
“Everyone has a special food memory, so it can be tricky putting a modern spin on the favorites,” said Lenny DeGeorge, concept development culinary director for Walt Disney World. “We honored these classic dishes by using the best ingredients to elevate the flavors. How we constructed the sandwiches was important, such as layering the ingredients in a specific order, to maximize textures and flavors. Why have a cold sandwich when you can have a toasted hot, gooey, cheese-filled one?”
Take a look at this sampling of menu items for Woody’s Lunch Box below:
- S’more French Toast Breakfast Sandwich – Chocolate ganache- and marshmallow-stuffed French toast topped with graham cracker crumbles, inspired by the classic American campfire snack.
- BBQ Brisket Melt – Texas-style smoked brisket with cheddar, Monterey Jack, pickles, BBQ sauce on garlic butter-grilled sourdough.
- Monte Cristo – Woody’s version of this classic sandwich includes layers of ham, turkey, Swiss cheese and raspberry jam, grilled to a golden brown.
- Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich – Sharp cheddar cream cheese spread, layered in provolone and cheddar, and wrapped in garlic butter-grilled French bread.
- Totchos – Bite-sized tater tots, or potato barrels, with corn chips, chili and queso.
- Lunch Box Tarts – A modern interpretation of a breakfast toaster pastry, thesetreats feature a delicate crust. Guests can choose between the Raspberry Lunch Box Tart garnished with icing and dried fruit, or the Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart with icing and caramelized bacon.
- Smoked Turkey, Tomato and Lettuce on Multigrain Bread – The perfect lunch box sandwich, topped off with a creamy Dijonnaise sauce.
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait – Layers of banana-vanilla Greek yogurt with ahint of honey, bananas, pineapple and strawberries topped with chocolate chips and granola.
Kids’ offerings include a grilled cheese sandwich or turkey sandwich, both with tater tots and mandarin oranges. Sides include vegetable macaroni salad, tomato basil soup, tater tots and Mini Babybel snack cheese.
The quick-service location will serve not only fountain drinks and lemonade, but also a Barq’s root beer float and a Mystic Portal Punch (PowerAde Mountain Berry Blast with lemon-lime and tangerine flavors). Adults can try the Grown Up’s Lemonade with cherry vodka, Odwalla Lemonade and a black cherry purée.
Woody’s Lunch Box will be dishing up plenty of nostalgia from park open to park close when Toy Story Land opens on June 30. The Disney Dining Plan will also be accepted at this new location.
For more information on other offerings coming to Toy Story Land, visit DisneyWorld.com.