Universal Orlando’s ‘Holiday Tour’ and more return for festive season
The Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort are about to get even more festive, thanks to the just-announced return of “Universal’s Holiday Tour,” themed holiday treats and drinks, live performances, and a brand-new Tribute Store.
“Universal’s Holiday Tour” will be an exclusive guided tour of Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and will be available on select dates starting Nov. 21. Offerings that guests can expect include:
- Meet the Grinch in Seuss Landing while enjoying a Hot Cocoa Bar
- Experience an after-hours showing of “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle”
- Take advantage of a reserved viewing area for Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s
- Watch the “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular” with reserved seating and join the Whos from Who-ville afterwards for an exclusive on-stage Q&A session
- Meet-and-greet with Santa and receive one My Universal Photos digital download
- Receive a Universal’s Holiday Tree Hunt brochure to participate in a merry quest to find 15 holiday trees throughout various merchandise locations within the theme parks and Universal CityWalk
More additions across the resort include themed food and beverage items, a new Holiday Tribute Store, musical performances by Mannheim Steamroller, and more.
Guests will be able to enjoy a variety of new and returning holiday menu items across the destination, including:
- Nutella Cheesecake Reindeer Pop: This reindeer-themed cheesecake pop features smooth Nutella and is garnished with candied hazelnuts. You can find it at Croissant Moon Bakery, located at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
- “Red Hot” Holiday Shake: Red Hot candies, crushed peppermint and a Christmas tree snack cake come together to create this milkshake at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen in Universal CityWalk.
- Voodoo Doughnut: Holiday-themed Voodoo doughnuts will be available throughout the season with new flavors, including a gingerbread cake doughnut, green-glazed holiday gift doughnut and marble cake wreath doughnut.
- Hot Chocolate Bomb: Back by popular demand, this hot chocolate bomb ornament is full of marshmallows for guests to enjoy at Today Cafe, located at Universal Studios Florida. And this year, guests can try a new Grinch-themed hot chocolate bomb — filled with marshmallows and red-candied hearts — at Hop on Pop Ice Cream Shop at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
- Vegan Brownie: Guests looking for a vegan sweet treat can delight in a classic holiday dessert decorated with frosting and other spirited embellishments, found in San Francisco at Universal Studios Florida or Croissant Moon Bakery at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
- Hot Butterbeer: This fan-favorite is now available in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter all year long, but is even more enjoyable during the holiday season.
The return of the Holiday Tribute Store in Universal Studios Florida will invite guests to shop and enjoy seasonal menu items throughout four immersive rooms. Here, and at other merchandise locations within the parks and CityWalk, guests can also purchase a Holiday Tree Hunt brochure outlining the locations of 15 decorated trees and collect an exclusive ornament to commemorate the experience.
In addition, the best-selling holiday artist of all time, Mannheim Steamroller, will return to Universal Studios Florida to perform live on the Music Plaza Stage on Dec. 4-5 and 11-12.
Universal’s Holiday Tour pricing starts at $69.99 plus tax, and separate Park-to-Park admission is required. To learn more, or to make a reservation, visit UniversalOrlando.com.
What a waste of time.