From Nov. 26 through Jan. 7, New York City’s One World Observatory is turning into a ‘Winter ONEderland’ featuring food, drinks, and family-friendly holiday activities.
For the second holiday season in a row, One World Observatory –- the indoor observatory atop New York City’s One World Trade Center — welcomes the Winter ONEderland: A Holiday Experience Above It All seasonal makeover from November 26, 2018 through January 7, 2019.
Winter ONEderland: A Holiday Experience Above It All will include:
· One World of Wonders: A multi-media experience where guests join Winter ONEderland mascot Ollie the Owl as he takes flight, journeying past the wonders of the world – both ancient and modern.
· Glacier Cave: Guests will wander through a underground winter grotto ornamented with crystals and icicles.
· Snowy SkyPod Journey: Visitors will experience “snowfall” while riding above New York City’s skyline in the fastest elevators in the Western Hemisphere.
· Giant Snow Globe: Visitors can marvel at a giant snow globe showcasing New York City’s famous skyline, and enjoy the ultimate social media selfie moment.
· Santa’s Sleigh: Parents can reserve a time for kids to visit with Santa and ride with him in his sleigh over New York’s roof tops. Professional photographers will capture the moment.
One World’s 101st floor bar and restaurant, ONE Mix and Dine, will offer small batch wines, local beers on draft, hand-crafted cocktails, and seasonally inspired festive fare alon. The themed holiday menu features the traditional Thanksgiving dish of turkey breast, crunchy potatoes, cranberry sauce, and turkey gravy.
Holiday cocktails will include the 5th Avenue, made with cinnamon infused whiskey and Irish cream, Winter in Central Park, a vanilla-infused vodka with white chocolate liqueur and peppermint and ONEderland Eggnog, a mix of premium cognac, a special liqueur blend and cinnamon.
Newly introduced ticket packages give guest the option of adding a number of the Observatory’s accommodations at cost savings:
· The COMBINATION TICKET includes: Priority Access featuring a high-speed security lane and front of the queue SkyPod elevator ascent and descent; One World ExplorerTM, a must have digital skyline guide that offers virtual helicopter tours to major city sights.
· The ALL-INCLUSIVE TICKET includes: A Flexible Entry Time, Priority Access, One World One World ExplorerTM and a select beverage of choice at one of the view bars or the Observatory’s café.
· ONE Dine PRE-FIXE: Guests will feast on newly introduced pre-fixe menu packages, for the first time with Observatory Priority Access admission included. The program offers lunch (two courses) and dinner (three courses). As an add on to the Pre-Fixe Menu, custom blended ONE Wines from Shinn Estates can be paired with each course.
The Gallery at One World Observatory will offer commemorative holiday and seasonal merchandise, including popular ornaments, accessories, scarves and knit caps.
“We couldn’t be more excited for our second holiday celebration here at One World Observatory,” said Keith Douglas, Managing Director, One World Observatory. “We are extremely proud to be one of the many seasonal destinations guests can enjoy in Lower Manhattan and are looking forward to spreading the holiday cheer.”
Winter ONEderland at One World Observatory will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. from Monday, Nov. 26 through Dec. 20, and beginning on Dec. 21, the experience will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (special hours on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1; early closing on Monday, Dec. 24). Santa visits will be available through Christmas Eve and online reservations are recommended.
The transformed Observatory drew over 300,000 guests during the holiday season in 2017, so visitors are encouraged to reserve tickets in advance online at oneworldobservatory.com.