WinterFest is returning to Canada’s Wonderland with more rides than ever before
Holiday magic is returning this month to Canada’s Wonderland! WinterFest will be returning on select dates from Nov. 18, 2022-Dec. 31, 2023.
By Lauren Freeman
Canada’s Wonderland, located in Vaughan, just north of Toronto, has been a beloved vacation spot near Ontario since 1981. Full of roller coasters, kid friendly rides, shows, and more, all year-round. This time of year, however, they’re transformed into a Winter Wonderland.
There will be 40 attractions throughout eight themed areas, and more WinterFest rides than ever before. From live holiday shows, to ice skating, festive food, decor, cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus, and more.
“WinterFest has become a favorite holiday tradition for so many guests,” said Norm Pirtovshek, general manager of Canada’s Wonderland. “It’s an unforgettable experience, to walk through the park with friends and family under a canopy of holiday lights surrounded by festive sounds, sights and entertainment.”
Some of the highlights for this year include:
- “Tinker’s Toy Factory Show”: This indoor show at Canterbury Theater is back after a two-year hiatus. The show includes music, acrobatics, and a story about elf hijinks in Santa’s Workshop.
- Lazy Bear Lodge Restaurant: The park’s new rustic lodge-style restaurant is open and decked out for the holidays. You can warm yourself at a fire pit and enjoy a festive meal hot off the wood-fired grill. Smoked turkey, ham, or roast beef with a savory side and biscuit are just some of the food options.
- WinterFest rides: Guests can enjoy 23 rides, including the children’s rides in Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town. Other rides will also be open, such as Thunder Run, Klockwerks, Psyclone, Sledge Hammer, and more.
- Ice skating: You can skate on the frozen Snow Flake lake in front of Wonder Mountain, while surrounded by beautifully lit trees and holiday light projections. Advance online reservations are required.
- Nightly Tree-Lighting Ceremony: This will take place on International Street where two 50-foot-tall Christmas trees, decorated with thousands of lights and ornaments will be lit during a festive show.
- “Cool Yule” Christmas show: This show is filled with covers of popular Christmas pop songs you can sing along to.
- Jack Frost’s Igloo Village: Guests can rent their own private igloo for the evening, with concierge food and beverage service.
- “A Peanuts Guide to Christmas”: Join Charlie Brown and the gang in this sing-along celebrating the most wonderful time of the year.
To see what nights WinterFest takes place, learn more about the event, or buy tickets, visit canadaswonderland.com.