Canada’s Wonderland will transform into a winter wonderland this month for its new holiday event, WinterFest.
WinterFest will kick off on Nov. 22 and be held on select dates through Dec. 31. Guests will get to enjoy themed areas decorated with more than five million lights, festive decorations, and three nearly-50-foot-high Christmas trees.
“This is Canada’s Wonderland like you’ve never seen it before,” said Norm Pirtovshek, general manager. “WinterFest will be one of the country’s most spectacular winter events where friends and families can create memories and new traditions during the holiday season.”
Activities during the festival include ice skating on Snow Flake Lake in front of Wonder Mountain, a nightly tree-lighting ceremony, live holiday shows, strolling performers, select rides, and interactive offerings like cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus, writing letters to Santa at the North Pole Post Office, and crafting take-home keepsakes at Sally’s Christmas Crafts.
WinterFest will be divided into eight worlds: Tinsel Town, the North Pole, Elf Village, Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town, Candy Cane Lane, International Street, Season of Lights and the Christmas Market.
Some of the live entertainment offerings will include:
- Tinker’s Toy Factory – This musical tells the story of Tinker the elf, who has to deal with changes at Santa’s Workshop that put his old-fashioned toy-making practice in jeopardy.
- Cool Yule Christmas – Listen to covers of all your favorite Christmas pop songs in this high-energy show.
- What the Dickens?! – Watch as the Canada’s Wonderland cast performs their own version of “A Christmas Carol”.
- The Mistletones – This trio will perform classic holiday tunes reminiscent of the 1950s.
- A Peanuts Guide to Christmas – Join Charlie Brown and friends in this sing-along celebration of the holidays.
To see the full list of shows and attractions, as well as check out operating hours and tickets, visit CanadasWonderland.com/WinterFest.