The first-ever Pixar Fest is well underway at the Disneyland Resort, and now through Sept. 3, 2018, guests can encounter their favorite Pixar characters and stories in all new ways at Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort hotels.
Check out our list of the 10 experiences that can’t be missed during Pixar Fest:
- Experience the “Paint the Night” parade: This fan-favorite nighttime parade with over 1
million lights is back, this time in Disney California Adventure. This June, the parade becomes even more super with a new float inspired by “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2,” to coincide with the opening of Pixar Pier.
- See what’s new in the “Pixar Play Parade”: For the first time ever, “Pixar Play Parade” is making its way through Disneyland Park. This daytime parade is now even more playful than before, thanks to three new elements featuring the Pixar Lamp and Ball from the Pixar short, “Luxo Jr.,” as well as characters from “Inside Out” and “UP.”
- Watch “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” from different locations in Disneyland Park: This new fireworks and projection show immerses guests
into a story of friendship and love featuring your favorite Pixar characters through the use of projection mapping on Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world,” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A.
- Dine at Alien Pizza Planet: Everyone’s favorite little green aliens have taken over Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port at Disneyland Park and transformed it into Alien Pizza Planet. Inspired by the family restaurant visited by Andy and his toys in “Toy Story,” this restaurant serves a few new pizzas and creatively themed menu items for guests.
- Take a spin on Pixar-themed attractions: For 20 years, Pixar Animation Studios has collaborated with Disney Parks on attractions and experiences inspired by the fun and colorful worlds of Pixar films. Guests can immerse themselves in their favorite Pixar stories through attractions like Toy Story Mania!, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.
- Meet some of your favorite Pixar Pals: Guests can meet their favorite Pixar characters at Paradise Gardens in Disney California Adventure, including Buzz Lightyear and Woody, Flik and Princess Atta, Russell and Dug, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, and Mike and Sulley.
- Draw Pixar characters at Animation Academy: In Disney California Adventure, guests can learn how to draw their favorite Pixar characters like Sulley, Edna Mode, Dug, Bing Bong, Jack-Jack and more with the artists at Animation Academy. Drawing classes normally occur every 30 minutes and guests can take home their art as a souvenir.
- Taste Pixar-inspired eats and treats: Guests can try a variety of themed food and beverage offerings inspired by Pixar stories and characters during Pixar Fest. Among those offerings are a “Monsters, Inc.”-themed chilled noodle salad at Lucky Fortune Cookery, a “Ratatouille”-inspired three course dinner at Café Orleans, as well as new churro flavors, including the “Coco”-inspired Coco Churro at the Frontierland churro cart, and the “UP”-themed multi-colored fruity churro with lemon sugar at the Main Street, U.S.A. churro cart.
- Dance and sing to live Pixar musical performances:
Disneyland Resort musicians are also getting in the Pixar spirit with their own renditions of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from “Toy Story” in both parks. Over at Disney California Adventure, a new seven-piece band, TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra performs a fun and zany lineup of songs from Pixar films.
- Enjoy Pixar fun in Downtown Disney: The fun extends over into the Downtown Disney District with colorful Pixar-inspired topiaries in six different locations, along with a variety of Pixar-themed treats at Marceline’s Confectionary.
While Pixar Fest has just begun, the fun will get even bigger with the opening of the newly-themed Pixar Pier on June 23. Stay tuned to our website, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube channel for all the latest Pixar Fest coverage.
Check out our videos of “Paint the Night,” “Pixar Play Parade,” and “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” below: