Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will soon welcome guests to the all-new Giraffe Bar at Serengeti Overlook, which will offer panoramic indoor and outdoor views of the park’s Serengeti Plain alongside a new menu of drinks and small bites.
Guests will be able to preview the venue during a soft-opening that starts on Friday, March 19, with the venue officially opening on Friday, March 26.
Among the animals guests will be able to spot are giraffes, zebra, antelope, ostrich, and more. The menu will include a curated selection of frozen specialty drinks, hand-crafted cocktails, Florida craft beers and domestic classics, as well as a selection of wines and spirits that support wildlife conservation efforts, like:
- Frozen specialty cocktails such as the “The Hungry Tusker,” featuring Amarula African Cream Liqueur (a South African favorite made with the fruit of the African marula tree), Hula Hawaiian Dark Rum, Coconut and Pineapple flavors
- Sparkling cocktails on draft including the refreshing “Thorn and Berry,” inspired by the bar’s namesake giraffes that strip thorns off of branches to eat leaves, and the “Masai Margarita,” named after the Masai, the largest species of giraffe native to East Africa
- Flights of specialty selected local craft brews (the “Toucan” and “Safari Graze”) that will be presented on an Instagram-worthy hand-carved giraffe tasting paddle
- Proud Pour wines which support wildlife and wild places, including “Save the Bees” Pinot Noir from Oregon, and “Save the Oceans” Sauvignon Blanc from California
- Non-alcoholic beverages for all ages, including refreshing juices available on tap which can be served in a refillable, limited edition giraffe souvenir cup
- Chef-crafted menus offer a range of shareable savory bites, including bourbon-glazed sticky wings, braised brisket mac and cheese, and smoked brisket-loaded French fries
- In a nod to the bar’s herbivore namesake, guests can graze on vegetarian-friendly shareable items, including loaded hummus and fresh oversized Bavarian soft pretzels
- Pass Members will get the VIP treatment with a free collectible Giraffe Bar color changing pilsner with the purchase of a frozen cocktail or draft beer any Monday through Thursday by April 29 (while supplies last)
- The Giraffe Bar will also feature an exclusive selection of limited-time branded merchandise
The indoor-outdoor venue will offer shaded and air-conditioned comfort with plenty of space fro physical distancing. There will also be multiple TVs so sports fans can cheer on their team while taking a break from the theme park.
In addition to the new Giraffe Bar, Serengeti Overlook is home to the newly-redesigned and reimagined Oasis Pizza, serving handmade pizza, chicken tenders, fresh salads, and freshly-baked desserts.
To learn more, visit BuschGardens.com/Tampa.