Full Howl-O-Scream lineup revealed for Busch Gardens Williamsburg
With Halloween season almost upon us, Busch Gardens Williamsburg has revealed the full lineup for this year’s Howl-O-Scream. This year’s event will feature six haunted houses, six Terror-tories, escape rooms and shows.
Starting Sept. 14, Howl-O-Scream will celebrate its 21st season with new scares, including two new escape rooms and the return of one of the event’s most popular shows with a twist.
“We’re always looking for opportunities to elevate the event’s scare factor,” said Peter Dunklee, vice president of entertainment for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. “We try to balance the fun and the scares and we’ve accomplished just that with two new escape room experiences, additional startles in our haunted houses and resurrecting a guest favorite show.”
- The Vault: Overtaken – New for this year, Jack has been released from the Vault to make room for creatures from past Howl-O-Screams like Igor, Frankenstein, and the famous Fiends nurses – who will all take over the haunts and strike fear in those who dare to enter. Also joining the house will be classic characters like The Executioner from The Dark Tower; Dr. Rot; Meemaw from Cornered; Werewolf from Hunted; Georgie from Mr. Karver’s workshop; Giggles the Clown from Festa Dementia; and more.
- Circo Sinistro – No one knows when or where the tents will rise, but all who see them are drawn to find out what’s inside Circo Sinistro.
- Lumberhack – Over 50 years ago, loggers died in a terrible accident. Now the forgotten men are waiting for unsuspecting campers to stumble upon their terror.
- Frostbite – The fire-breathing giant that once guarded the enchanted dark castle has met his chilling demise. He once provided the warm lifeblood for the stronghold, but now his bones are just decoration for this icy grave. Frostbite now consumes all who enter.
- Demented Dimensions – Sterling Manor is home to more than meets the eye. A dimensional vortex has opened portals to terrifying realms where unearthly creatures await.
- Dystopia – In a futuristic, post-apocalyptic world, a new order has risen. In this new system, you can choose to join or be forgotten. Surrender to the utopia and you won’t feel a thing…ever again.
- Sideshow Square (Festa Italia) – Your jaw will drop on the way to this big top. What was once just your imagination is now your frightening reality.
- Ripper Row (England) – A murderer is on the loose in the streets, looking for his next victim. You never know when Jack the Ripper will strike.
- Vampire Point (Germany) – This vacation destination is perfect for bloodsuckers, but watch your neck or you might end up the next victim.
- Fool’s Court (France) – A new king has taken over the throne, and he’s a real joker. Chaos reigns in the Fool’s Court, and the joke is always on you.
- Axe Alley (New France) – The Norsemen came to invade but were met with their own Viking funeral. This was no ordinary raid, but an unleashing of power so grotesque that even those mighty warriors became prey to its devices.
- Garden of the Souls (Italy) – A fearsome transformation has taken hold in Italy Gardens, turning it into Funeral Gardens, the setting for Garden of the Souls. Here guests can visit the graves of the dead, but this garden hides a dark secret.
- Jack is Back – This year brings the return of the popular street-style performance in the Ireland village starring Jack, a Howl-O-Scream icon who was brought back last year in The Vault XX. Pumpkins, scarecrows, and Jack himself will pay park guests a visit in this disco-dancing celebration.
- Monster Stomp on Ripper Row – This modern rock and rhythm show featuring Jack the Ripper in a whole new way. Percussion, dancing, and singing will take over in this pulse-pounding show when it opens on Oct. 4.
- Night Beats: Revamped – Pull up a tombstone and listen as creatures of the night sing their heart out in this undead gathering of the century.
- Jack’s Twisted Terror – Jack has escaped The Vault and is ready to challenge guests in this all-new escape room. Once inside, it’s a race against time to escape before the Nightmare Machine turns guests’ deepest fears into reality.
- Grave Obsession – Each choice in this escape room will lead guests deeper into a terrible reality, with a shocking revelation that will put fear into the most adventurous of souls.
Howl-O-Scream opens on Sept. 14 and runs on select days through Oct. 27, starting at 6 p.m. each night. To learn more, and to purchase tickets, visit BuschGardens.com/Williamsburg.