The iconic horror franchise, “Creepshow,” is the latest maze to be announced for this year’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood.
The maze will incorporate elements from the 1982 film directed by George Romero, as well as the new “Creepshow” series that’s coming to the Shudder streaming service on Sept. 26.
The maze will guide guests into the pages of the anthology’s comic book to experience five tales of terror guided by The Creep, the skeletal namesake of the comic book.
“I’ve partnered with Universal Studios Hollywood and Halloween Horror Nights for years and it’s a thrill to bring ‘Creepshow’ to life for the fans as part of this year’s iconic event,” said Greg Nicotero, make-up artist, director, and executive producer behind the Shudder series. “I consider myself honored to have had the opportunity to work alongside George Romero and many other groundbreaking filmmakers who have inspired me. So to be able to create a television show based on the ‘Creepshow’ movie, and then see it come to life as a Halloween Horror Nights maze is a great way to pay tribute to this legendary filmmaker and introduce this incredible anthology series to fans old and new.”
“We’re thrilled to bring this beloved horror classic to Halloween Horror Nights as well as introduce our fans to the upcoming Shudder series,” said John Murdy, executive producer for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood. “We’ve had a long association with Greg Nicotero as part of Halloween Horror Nights and getting the opportunity to again work with his talented special effects team at KNB FX brings a whole other level of authenticity to this incredible maze experience.”
The maze will feature five fables, which are:
- “Father’s Day” – Years ago, Nathan Grantham, the cruel patriarch of the wealthy Grantham family, was murdered by his long-suffering daughter on Father’s Day. Now Nathan’s maggot-infested corpse has risen from the grave to take revenge on his inheritors… and finally claim his Father’s Day cake.
- “The Crate” – An unlucky janitor finds a long-forgotten shipping crate under the stairs of a science hall in a small East Coast college. Little does he know, the crate contains a ravenous beast that’s been hibernating for over a hundred years… and it’s just woken up.
- “They’re Creeping Up On You” – Eccentric billionaire Upson Pratt lives in a hermetically-sealed “germ-proof” penthouse apartment in Manhattan, but he still has a bug problem. When a citywide blackout cuts his power, Mr. Pratt’s pest problem is about to get a whole lot worse.
- “Gray Matter” – Ritchie Grenadine, an alcoholic former factory worker, unknowingly ingests a strange mutagen after guzzling a can of cheap beer. Now an alien fungus has taken over his rundown apartment and his body… creating in him an insatiable hunger that can’t be quenched by his favorite ale.
- “Bad Wolf Down” – The surviving members of a decimated American army platoon in the North of France during World War II are holed up in a small village jail awaiting the German army to overwhelm them. The clever lot, however, have an ace up their sleeve that the Germans won’t expect: the men are all werewolves and tonight is a full moon.
Check out the video announcement below:
Halloween Horror Nights kicks off on Friday, Sept. 6 at Universal Studios Florida and Friday, Sept. 13 at Universal Studios Hollywood. To learn more, and to purchase tickets, visit HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
Check out the previous announcements for this year’s event at both resorts below: