McDonald’s introduces 50 Disney Happy Meal toys for Disney World’s 50th
Walt Disney World’s 18-month-long 50th anniversary celebration begins on Oct. 1, 2021, and McDonald’s is joining the fun with never-before-seen Disney Happy Meal toys featuring 50 favorite characters.
Starting Sept. 14, 2021 (and for a limited time), the fast-food chain will roll out the new Happy Meal toys featuring iconic Disney characters like Dumbo, Jiminy Cricket, and Bambi, as well as newer characters like Miguel and Dante from “Coco,” Joe Gardner from “Soul,” and Rocket and Groot from “Guardians of the Galaxy.” Plus, the Happy Meal toys depicting Mickey and his pals will be decked out in their “EARidescent” anniversary outfits.
If that’s not magical enough, customers who use the McDonald’s app to order and pay for their Happy Meal from Sept. 25 – Oct. 1, 2021 will also be entered for the chance to win a family vacation for four to Walt Disney World Resort.
Here are the 50 characters who will be included as the 50th-anniversary Disney Happy Meal Toys:
- Celebration characters: Celebration Mickey Mouse, Celebration Minnie Mouse, Celebration Chip, Celebration Dale, Celebration Daisy Duck, Celebration Goofy, Celebration Donald Duck, and Celebration Pluto
- “Aladdin” characters – Abu and Genie
- “Alice in Wonderland” characters – Cheshire Cat and Mad Hatter
- “Bambi” characters – Bambi and Thumper
- “Beauty and the Beast” characters – Cogsworth and Lumiere
- “Cinderella” characters – Jaq and Gus
- “Coco” characters – Miguel and Dante
- “Dumbo” characters – Timothy Mouse and Dumbo
- “Finding Nemo” characters – Dory and Nemo
- “Frozen” characters – Olaf and Bruni
- “Guardians of the Galaxy” characters – Rocket and Groot
- “Lady and the Tramp” characters – Lady and Tramp
- “Moana” characters – Hei Hei and Pua
- “Pinocchio” characters – Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio
- “Star Wars” characters – R2-D2 and BB-8
- “The Incredibles” characters – Frozone and Edna Mode
- “The Lion King” characters – Simba, Pumbaa, and Timon
- “The Little Mermaid” characters – Flounder and Sebastian
- “Toy Story” characters – Bo Peep and Woody
- “Winnie the Pooh” characters – Winnie the Pooh and Piglet
- Other Disney characters – Stitch,Tinker Bell, and Joe Gardner from “Soul”
By any chance are these the same 50 characters who will have the 50 golden statues around the four parks for the 50th anniversary?
There are four characters that are not the same. The Happy Meal toy characters include Genie (with Abu) and Jiminy Cricket (with Pinocchio), and the golden statues in the parks include Orange Bird (at Magic Kingdom) and Figment (at Epcot).