This year’s end brings a new decade of theme park news and announcements – and the 2010’s brought so many announcements from Disney, Universal and more!
Celebrate a new decade of news with us as we look back at our top stories of the 2010’s:
Editor’s Note: As our website has gotten more popular over the years, more recent stories have gotten more views than those in the past, which can sway our rankings a bit.
10. Photo Update: The Millennium Falcon has landed in Disneyland
Less than a year before the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on both coasts in 2019, readers were very excited to catch a glimpse of the skeleton of the Millenium Falcon, the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.
9. The Rumor Queue: Mysterious new structure at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
A temporary building appeared in the cast member parking lot at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019 – here’s what we thought it could be.
8. The Rumor Queue: Full details on the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance ride coming to Disney parks
Our readers loved rumors this decade, and especially loved this rumored plot breakdown of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Read it and compare to the now-open attraction here.
7. Universal Orlando to make major announcement August 1 – New theme park?
One of the most-anticipated announcements of 2019 came from Universal Orlando, and everyone had their theories as to what it could be.
6. New Disney Parks announcements revealed at D23 Expo 2019
D23 Expo 2019 was packed with exciting announcements about what’s to come for the Disney Parks.
5. Universal Orlando announces new theme park, Universal’s Epic Universe
A big surprise from Universal Orlando was revealed this decade – the announcement of Universal’s Epic Universe, opening in 2023.
4. Are you too big to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey?
All thrill rides have a height limit, but many theme park attractions also have a width limit – here’s how one rider was affected by the weight limit on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
3. We rode the Disney Skyliner in the hot Florida sun; here’s what you need to know
The Disney Skyliner opened in 2019, and this new mode of transportation came with some doubt, thanks to its lack of air-conditioning. We took a ride on each gondola line for you to report on just what the ride experience is like.
2. Tips to become a Galactic Hero on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Defeating the evil Emperor Zurg and becoming a Galactic Hero on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at Magic Kingdom takes years of training and discipline – unless you use these tips!
1. Every Disney movie, TV show available day one on Disney+
Disney closed out the decade with the launch of Disney+, the Mouse’s new streaming service. As it tested in the Netherlands before the official U.S. launch, we were able to get a full list of TV shows and films currently streaming on the platform. These offerings are different from what’s available in the U.S., but it is a good look at what could be added in the future.
Was one of your top stories of the decade represented in this list? Let us know what your biggest piece of theme park news for the 2010’s was in the comments below!