Universal Orlando is hiring content creators for compelling short form content
Universal Orlando is looking for content creators for short and medium form content for broadcast, web, and other digital platforms. In other words: social media pros who focus on YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and other online platforms.
Just a few days ago, we highlighted a Disney job post looking for influencers for TikTok and other social media brands. Hidden amongst the professional and branded wording in Universal’s listing is somewhat the same job. The difference? Disney is focused on those newer to the social media field, where Universal has a few more requirements.
The Universal Parks and Resorts team have done a phenomenal job on social media for years. When it comes to theme park Twitter accounts, Universal Orlando stands above most, and their interactivity and quick responses have made them a stand-out account on the internet. We have spoken before about Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights account engaging with SeaWorld’s Howl-O-Scream site.
This is the chance to join that team. A team of Universal Orlando content creators that’s looking two years ahead, and farther, at Universal’s Epic Universe and beyond; a team known for their lighting-fast responses and helpfulness on social media. And while Universal Parks are newer to the TIkTok trend, they are quickly trying to catch Disney Parks and SeaWorld.
The Universal team is looking to add someone, and that someone could be you.
The Content Creator, Creative Production role requirements are:
- Independently produce and shoot high quality still and video content for all content engagement and digital platforms.
- Proficiently work with a variety of professional camera technologies and industry standard software to shoot and edit photo and video tactics that directly impact the business.
- Contribute original ideas and short-form storytelling techniques to influence how to communicate to Universal Orlando’s ever growing social audience.
- Work closely with marketing and advertising teams on video and photography tactics and campaigns.
- Understands and actively participate in environmental, health & safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
The basic and preferred qualifications for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a degree in film, cinema, advertising or related field preferred.
- 5 plus years experience shooting and editing creative content.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
@universalparks So close you can smell that fresh island air. 🌺 #UniversalOrlandoResort ♬ original sound – Universal Parks & Resorts
Universal Orlando states that the role will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package (something we talked about with Disney’s offer).
Let us know if you apply to this position. Between Disney Parks and Resorts, Universal Parks, and SeaWorld, the theme park and the social media wars wage on!