New D23 Expo retail experiences will provide opportunities to shop for never-before-seen and limited-edition merchandise across Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more.
Fans attending D23 Expo 2022 on Sept. 9-11, 2022, in Anaheim, Calif., will also experience the magic of Disney – and the kick-off of Disney’s 100th-anniversary “100 Years of Wonder” celebration – through author appearances, panels with Disney personalities, and interactive social moments.
In addition, there will be opportunities throughout the weekend to discover Disney fashion trends, listen to popular artists and authors, and see the newest product innovations, including the following highlights:
- Women in Disney Fashion – Disney fashion icons will share an exclusive look at their upcoming Disney collaborations.
- It’s a Small Disney World: Celebrating the Art of Disney Parks – Disney will gather six artists and explore their art, ideas for the future, and behind-the-scenes insights.
- “Cautionary Tales” with the Disney Villains: The Imagination of Ridley Pearson – Author Ridley Pearson and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline will share insider Disney stories.
- National Geographic’s “100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime” – Marcy Carriker Smothers will reveal one-of-a-kind magical Disney experiences, from a dessert cruise with fireworks views to an exclusive dinner in Walt’s Disneyland apartment.
- Hey Disney! — The Hey Disney! custom voice assistant that uses Amazon’s Alexa technology will be highlighted on the D23 Expo show floor (stay tuned for more details).
Plus, attendees can check out activations on the show floor from Visa, Amazon, Target, Aniplex, BoxLunch, Citizen, Enterprise, Funko, Loungefly, IMAX, Pandora, Ravensburger, Sunglass Hut, and many others.
New D23 Expo Retail Experiences
- D23 Expo Marketplace – An all-new 27,000-square-foot shopping experience debuting on the show floor this year will offer merchandise collections from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, featuring limited-edition merchandise and the first items celebrating Disney’s 100th Anniversary.
- Mickey’s of Glendale – The Walt Disney Imagineering store will have three retail spaces at D23 Expo 2022: Mickey’s of Glendale Main store featuring merchandise designed by Imagineers, including collections celebrating the upcoming Walt Disney Imagineering 70th Anniversary; Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store featuring limited-edition pins; and Disney Publishing with a selection of first-to-market books available for purchase and book signings, including with Disney historian and “100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime” author Marcy Carriker Smothers, “DisneyBound” author Leslie Kay, “Shinji Takahashi and the Mark of the Coatl” author Julie Kagawa, and “Cautionary Tales” author Ridley Pearson.
What to Buy at D23 Expo 2022
There’s no doubt that D23 Expo will be the perfect place to shop for exclusive and limited-edition merchandise, including the following:
- Disney100 – D23 Expo attendees will have the first opportunity to purchase items celebrating Disney’s 100th Anniversary
- World of Wakanda – World of Wakanda merchandise inspired by the landscape of Wakanda as seen on screen in “Black Panther” will debut at D23 Expo Marketplace and on shopDisney.
- Guided by the Light – A new collection by Ashley Eckstein (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars”) inspired by Ahsoka Tano. The collection will also be available on shopDisney.
- Disney Munchlings – A new line of plush inspired by tasty treats from Disney Parks Main Street Bakery will debut at D23 Expo, including a scented Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Swirl Bun and Minnie Mouse Wild Strawberry Cupcake. Disney Munchlings will also be available for purchase on shopDisney.
How to Shop at the New D23 Expo Retail Experiences
Event attendees will have several ways to access the new D23 Expo 2022 retail experiences via the Disneyland Resort app:
- Virtual Queue – Shoppers will be able to sign up for an available “boarding group” in a virtual queue for D23 Expo Marketplace, Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store, or Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store by using the Disneyland Resort app and scanning a QR code located at the store’s entrance.
- Merchandise Mobile Checkout – Shoppers can pay for their items from D23 Expo Marketplace, D23 Expo Shop x Mickey’s of Glendale, or Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store via the Disneyland Resort app.
- StorePass – To shop select limited-edition collection items, attendees will be able to make a reservation via StorePass – an online reservation system – before the start of D23 Expo. Details on how to get a StorePass reservation will be announced later this summer.
A limited number of single-day tickets for Sunday, Sept. 11, 2022, are available for $99 for one-day adult admission and $79 for children ages three–12. D23 Gold Members can purchase tickets for $89 for one-day adult admission. Single-day Friday and Saturday tickets and three-day passes are sold out.
Click here for more information on D23 Expo 2022.