The fan-favorite Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is returning to the Disneyland Resort from March 4-April 26, 2022.
This popular limited-time event in Disney California Adventure Park features a dozen Festival Marketplaces that showcase the foods and flavors of the Golden State – but with a Disney twist.
Here’s everything you need to know:
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Bites, Sips & Merch
In addition to exciting new small plates and beverages inspired by California-grown ingredients like avocados, citrus, strawberries, and peppers – as well as artisanal cheeses, wines, spirits, and craft beers curated from across the state – guests will be happy to see returning favorites like carbonara-garlic mac and cheese with peppered bacon, the petite avocado burger, s’mores cold brew cocktail, caramel-peanut milk chocolate Mickey macaron, and more. Plant-based, allergy-friendly, gluten-friendly, and kid-friendly dishes will also be offered.
In the Spring 2022 edition of the Disney Rewards Insider (a newsletter mailed to Disney Visa cardholders), a few of the festival’s new dishes were revealed, including a slow roasted pork Cubano slider on Hawaiian sweet roll made with sliced ham, swiss cheese, dill pickle and mustard; Frozen Guacamole, a traditonal Paleta avocado ice cream bar topped with lime crema and pico de gallo; Orange Grove Cold Brew coffee with orange blossom honey, white chocolate, orange juice, vanilla, and almond milk; deep-fried artichoke balls filled with cheese and served with smoked pepper crema; and Peanut Butter and Jelly Mac, a unique combination of elbow macaroni, peanut-based sauce, strawberry jam, brown sugar streusel, and strawberry crackle.
Dining locations and outdoor carts throughout Disney California Adventure – including Pym Tasting Lab and Terran Treats in Avengers Campus – will offer festival-inspired menu items. Plus, select restaurants in Downtown Disney District and Disneyland Resort hotels will join the festivities with special menu items and events for a limited time.
This year, black-owned Crowns & Hops Brewery, Brown Estate Winery, McBride Sisters Winery, and Shadow Ridge Distillery are among the diverse businesses represented at the festival, along with women-owned bakeries Kayla’s Macarons and Flour Shop by Amirah Kassem, which will offer their sweet treats at special carts in Disney California Adventure.
For the best value, guests can purchase a Sip and Savor Pass, which includes eight tabs redeemable for select food and nonalcoholic beverages at Festival Marketplaces and tasting-size portions at other participating dining locations.
The delicious food and beverages are not the only things to be excited about. A new line of festival merchandise (and Disney Gift Cards with a new design for the 2022 festival) will also be available. Plus, artists including Jerrod Maruyama, Noah, Ashley Taylor, and others will have special signings at Off the Page in Disney California Adventure and WonderGround Gallery at Downtown Disney District.
To quote Disneyland Public Relations Director Kelsey Lynch in the Disney Parks Blog, “Here’s the cherry (or should I say citrus?) on top: “To celebrate the return of the Food & Wine Festival in true California style, the original Soarin’ Over California attraction is also returning on March 4th for a limited time. The immersive, high-flying adventure takes guests over the wonders of the Golden State, from the iconic Golden Gate Bridge to the shores of Malibu.
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Entertainment
Festival guests won’t want to miss the chance to see Chef Goofy or dance along with Chip ‘n’ Dale and the Jammin’ Chefs, who serve up rhythms using pots and pans.
At “Alice’s Wonderland Bakery Unbirthday Party,” a limited-time experience inspired by Disney Junior’s new animated series “Alice’s Wonderland Bakery,” young chefs ages three through 11 are invited to participate in hands-on cupcake decorating (complete with a visit from Minnie Mouse). Space is limited, and sign-ups begin 45 minutes before each showtime.
On Fridays through Sundays, guests can enjoy chats with visiting brewers at the Paradise Beer Garden, and on Saturdays and Sundays, Disney and visiting chefs will prepare their favorite dishes at the Hollywood Backlot Stage while sharing insider cooking tips.
Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Culinary Demonstrations – Click here for details
- Mar. 5 – Stephanie Yee, Pastry Sous Chef
- Mar. 6 – Toby Hollis, Disney California Adventure Park Chef
- March 12 – Brenden Neumayr, Elena Aranda, Alexander Fuentz Cardenas, Angie Arenas; Festivals Beverage Team
- March 19 & 20 – Marcel St. Pierre, Chef de Cuisine
- Mar. 26 – Chris Maggetti, Executive Chef
- March 27 – Moises Carranza, Festivals Chef
- April 2 – Alex Flores, Chef de Cuisine
- Apr. 3 – Gracie Gomez, Pastry Sous Chef
- April 9 & 10 – Markus Meza, Candy Maker
- Apr. 23 – John State, Culinary Director
- Apr. 24 – Christina Orejel, Pastry Sous Chef
- Mar. 5 – Chef Steve Kling
- Mar. 6 – Chef Soon Teoh & Khim Teoh
- Mar. 12 – Chef Wing Lam
- Mar. 13 – Chef Jamie Gwen
- Mar. 13 – Chef Rafael Molina
- Mar. 19 – Chef Bret Thompson
- Mar. 20 – Chef Shaun O’Neale
- March 26 – Chef Alejandra Tapia
- Mar. 27 – Chef Omar Fierro
- Apr. 2 – Chef Michael Rossi
- Apr. 3 – Chef Rich Sweeney
- April 9 – Chef Shachi Mehra
- Apr. 10 – Chef Justin Warner
- Apr. 16 – Chef Ernie Alvarado
- Apr. 16 – Chef Paolo Dunga
- Apr. 17 – Chef Jet Tila
- Apr. 17 – Chef Paolo Dunga
- Apr. 23 – Chef Kevin Bludso
- Apr. 24 – Chef Nyesha Arrington
Winemaker Receptions at Carthay Circle – Click here for details
- Mar. 4 at 7 p.m. – Brown Estate with Coral Brown
- Mar. 18 at 7 p.m. – Le Artishasic with Sommelier Chris Hoel and Artie Johnson
- Apr. 8 at 7 p.m. – Skywalker Vineyards with Tom Johnson
Education & Tasting Seminars at Sonoma Terrace – Click here for details
- Mar. 10 – Beekeeper Cellars
- Mar. 17 – Brewer-Clifton Winery
- April 7 – Disney Sommelier Arielle Harris
- Apr. 21 – Disney Sommelier Eri Horii
- March 5 & 6 – Brown Estate
- March 12 & 13 – Silver Oak & Twomey
- Mar. 19 – Avensole Winery
- Mar. 20 – Akash Winery
- March 26 & 27 – Hill Family Estate
- April 2 & 3 – MacMurray Ranch
- April 9 & 10 – Skywalker Vineyards
- April 16 & 17 – Silverado Vineyards
- April 23 & 24 – McBride Sisters
- Mar. 4 – Crowns & Hops
- Mar. 18 – Calidad Beer
- April 1 & 15 – Karl Strauss
- March 5 & 6 – Disney Mixology featuring Lamplight Lounge
- March 12 & 13 – Maker’s Mark
- March 19 & 20 – Disney Mixology featuring Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
- March 26 & 27 – Strongwater Anaheim
- April 2 & 3 – Disney Mixology featuring Hollywood Lounge
- April 9 & 10 – Shadow Ridge Distillery
- April 16 & 17 – Disney Mixology featuring Magic Key Terrace
- April 23 & 24 – Portuguese Bend Distillery
Southern California residents can visit the Disneyland Resort during the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival for as little as $67 per day by purchasing a three-day, one-park per day weekday ticket (valid weekdays through May 26, 2022; subject to park reservation availability). Click here for details.
Click here for more information about the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.