New ‘Totally Minnie Mouse’ event coming to Tokyo Disney Resort parks and hotels in 2022
A special limited-time event celebrating everyone’s favorite polka dot-dressed mouse, Totally Minnie Mouse, is coming to Tokyo Disney Resort in 2022.
By Chelsea Zukowski
The event makes its debut on Jan. 18 and runs through March 30 with Minnie-themed merchandise, menus, parades and entertainment at both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. The resort’s hotels and the Disney Resort Line will likewise have special programming for Totally Minnie Mouse, which is the first special event at Disney’s Tokyo parks in nearly two years.
The event celebrates Minnie Mouse’s iconic style and will feature her many fashionable costumes seen in past shows and special events at Tokyo Disney Resort. From parades and shows to merchandise and food, there will be plenty of pink, red and white polka dots to go around.
At Tokyo Disneyland Park, there will be the “Minnie & Friends Greeting Parade: Totally Minnie Mouse” with three versions featuring different characters and costumes — cheerful Minnie, dreaming Minnie and enthusiastic Minnie.
- Jan. 18 – Feb. 13: Cheerful Minnie with music and costumes from “Minnie Oh! Minnie.”
- Characters: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Chip and Dale
- Feb. 14 – March 1: Dreaming Minnie with music and costumes from “Disney Princess Days.”
- Characters: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Daisy Duck, Clarice and Marie
- March 2-20: Enthusiastic Minnie with music and costumes from “Disney Natsu Matsuri.”
- Characters: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and Max
Over at Tokyo DisneySea will be the “Minnie & Friends Harbor Greeting: Totally Minnie Mouse.” The short greeting parade at Mediterranean Harbor will also have different themes — sweet Minnie, romantic Minnie and lively Minnie.
- Jan. 18 – Feb. 13: Sweet Minnie with music and costumes from “A Table is Waiting.”
- Characters: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip and Dale
- Feb. 14 – March 1: Romantic Minnie with music and costumes from “Tokyo DisneySea Season of the Heart” and “Valentine Nights.”
- Characters: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Duffy and ShellieMay
- March 2-30: Lively Minnie with music and costumes from “Minnie’s Tropical Splash.”
- Characters: Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Chip, Dale and Clarice
As for special merchandise exclusive to the event, there will be plenty of plush badges featuring Minnie’s most iconic looks at Tokyo Disney Resort over the years. There are also Minnie-themed curtains, a gift bag of almond chocolates, a polka dot heart pillow, totes, scrunchies, Minnie portrait collections and a “Minnie and Sakura” collection releasing on Feb. 3 to celebrate both Minnie and the country’s popular cherry blossoms. Totally Minnie Mouse merchandise will be available on Jan. 17.
And, of course, the event will have themed menus loaded with artistic items. These dishes will be available starting Dec. 26, 2021 — weeks ahead of the event’s start. Some of the menus’ items include dessert plates of cakes and candies, specialty fruity drinks, pancakes, fruit sandwiches and souvenir options with themed mugs, plates and lunch bags.
Tokyo Disney Resort’s hotels will likewise have a large variety of Minnie Mouse themed menu items completely different from what you’ll find at the parks. And don’t forget to snag a themed Disney Resort Line ticket from one of the automatic machines at each monorail station.
The event runs Jan. 18 – March 30, 2021 at Tokyo Disney Resort. Keep up with all the food, merchandise and entertainment for the event through Tokyo Disney Resort’s website.