Disney fans have been eager to get their hands on Disney+, the brand’s first-ever direct-to-consumer streaming service, which launches on Nov. 12. At this year’s D23 Expo, guests will be the first to demo it before it’s available to the public.
There will be a slew of panels related to the streaming service and its upcoming original content. Here are some of the highlights:
Disney+ First Look Showcase
Friday, Aug. 23, 3:30 p.m. – Hall D23
Get an exclusive preview of the direct-to-consumer streaming service and its slate of original films and series from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Yvette Nicole Brown (“Lady and the Tramp,” “Elena of Avalor”) will host this presentation filled with never-before-seen content, surprise guests, performances and reveals, including a first look at the live-action “Lady and the Tramp,” “The Mandalorian,” “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series,” and more.
‘High School Musical: The Musical: The Series’ Sneak Peek Screening and Panel
Friday, Aug. 23, 5:30 p.m. – D23 Arena
See the Disney Channel original take on a new form with this new series for Disney+. Expo guests will get to see a special advance screening of the first episode and catch a panel with the new cast on the arena stage.
On the show floor, the Disney+ Pavilion will offer demonstrations of the live Disney+ app across mobile and connected TV devices, showcasing the service’s collection of offerings from Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic and more. Guests can also see costumes and props from Disney+ Originals and have the chance to subscribe to the service with a special offer available exclusively to Expo attendees and D23 Members.
The Hulu Pavilion will be home to over 20 costumes and artifacts, including the famous red robe worn by Elisabeth Moss in “The Handmaid’s Tale,” paintings from season one of “Castle Rock,” and George Clooney’s costume from “Catch-22.” The exhibit will also offer a closer look at props from upcoming Hulu Originals, including “Little Fires Everywhere,” as well as current shows like “The Good Doctor,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” and “The Goldbergs.”
Disney+ Pavilion Stage Programming
The Disney+ Pavilion Stage will host three days of panels that highlight the service’s original programming and collection of films and shows, alongside special ESPN+ panels.
Check out the full Disney+ and related services’ lineup of panels below:
Friday, Aug. 23
- 10 a.m. – ESPN+ Presents “Peyton’s Places” Special Screening and NFL 100th Anniversary Trivia
- 12 p.m. – Walt Disney Animation Studios Panel with Eric Goldberg and Mark Henn
- 12:30 p.m. – “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” Q&A with Jeff Goldblum
- 1:15 p.m. – “Phineas and Ferb” Conversation with Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh
Saturday, Aug. 24
- 10 a.m. – ESPN+ Presents “SneakerCenter” Panel moderated by show director Bobbito Garcia
- 11 a.m. – ESPN+ Presents “SneakerCenter” Demonstration by Mr. Cartoon
- 12 p.m. – “Stargirl” Performance and Panel
- 1 p.m. – “The Simpsons” Trivia with Yeardley Smith
- 1:15 p.m. – “Marvel’s Hero Project” Panel with Sana Amanat, Sarah Amos and Stephen Wacker
- 2:30 p.m. – “Forky Asks a Question” and “Lamp Life” Creative Panel with Val LaPointe, Bob Peterson, Mark Nielsen and Marc Sondheimer
- 3 p.m. – “Secret Society of Second Born Royals” Q&A with Peyton Elizabeth Lee and Skylar Astin
Sunday, Aug. 25
- 10:45 a.m. – “Prop Culture” Movie Prop Showcase and Q&A with Dan Lanigan, Jason Henry, Tony Swatton and Fon Davis
- 11:15 a.m. – “Be Our Chef” Games with Angela Kinsey
- 12 p.m. – “Monsters At Work” Behind-the-Scenes Presentation with Bobs Gannaway and Ferrell Barron
- 12:45 p.m. – “The Imagineering Story” Conversation with Leslie Iwerks and Bob Weis
- 1:15 p.m. – “Short Circuit” Creative Panel
- 3:30 p.m. – Pixar’s “SparkShorts” Screening
- 5 p.m. – ESPN+ Hosted DJ Wrap
Single-day tickets for Friday and Sunday of this year’s Expo are available for $89 for one-day adult admission and $69 for children ages 3-9. Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $77 for a one-day adult admission and $59 for children. Single-day Saturday tickets and three-day passes are sold out.
For more information, visit D23Expo.com.
Check out our previous reports on this year’s convention below: